UPCOMING AT NEW YORK MUSIC DAILY
Getting back on track after the computer crash with the hope of returning to the same kind of carefully planned schedule that went completely haywire back in February.
In the meantime, here’s what’s on the slate, subject to change if there’s train trouble
- He’s an oudist. Say that five times fast. Seriously – dude is scary-good…
- A charismatic Chinese art-songstress launches a cutting-edge collaboration with a New York avant garde outfit
- This guy’s kind of Tom Waits, kind of noir swing, kind of Great Plains gothic, and he’s coming to the Lower East Side
- This guy/girl duo are a little Tom Waits, kind of parlor-pop, kind of jazz and absolutely inimitable, and they’re coming to Crown Heights
- You might not know her, but she’s one of NYC’s most distinctive and diverse guitarslingers
- The world’s most lavish, hauntingly improvisational Middle Eastern jazz band push away a storm with one of their own – they really did!
- He’s sort of the Cameroonian Nick Drake – but he also plays bluegrass. And he’s coming to Manhattan…
- Layers and intertwining layers of jangle and clang from a female-fronted band who bring back the glory days of the 1980s paisley underground!
- A killer guy/girl parlor pop/art-rock duo who specialize in grisly wordplay and murder ballads
- A funny guy/girl Prozac rock duo return to their favorite Brooklyn boite