UPCOMING AT NEW YORK MUSIC DAILY
Part of the fun about this blog is that you never know what’s coming next. Believe it or not, there is an actual schedule, a method to the madness, but that’s always in flux, subject to the demands of random everyday crises.
While this page isn’t going to give away any surprises, here’s a peek at what’s on the agenda for the next week* or so, as well as the next few months:
- Repurposing continues as we move into the new year: more global, less local. For local stuff, check out the monthly NYC concert calendar
- This generation’s titan of the tenor sax
- …and a dark Midwestern oldtimey swing siren
- One of this year’s most exciting and cutting-edge albums is by a carnatic choir. That’s right, a choir singing Indian carnatic music, which, traditionally, is a style that has no harmonies. More soon!
- Not one but two lush, atmospheric female-fronted art-rock bands
- Catching up on concerts: uneasy improvisation on eerie, ancient Polish folk themes
- The 100 Best Songs of 2016 page coming shortly
- The year’s 50 Best Albums countdown also coming too!
- Why haven’t the acts on this list, most of whom have been sitting on this page for a month or more, received coverage here yet? And why, day after day, has there been information on the front page that’s never appeared on this list at all? Superstition: concerts get cancelled; bloggers get distracted or pulled away by the demands of work and fam – and plain old lack of time!
*All of this subject to change
In the long term: on occasion you’ll see something archival, a blast from the past. Remember, this is the secret history of music in NYC.
Believe it or not, your voice can be part of this discussion. This blog aims to serve the needs of as many listeners as possible. What do YOU want to discover here?